If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As a Mexican living in Asia, it’s easy to play around with interesting ingredients while using my Latino routes. I came up with this recipe when a girlfriend asked me to make a ceviche using coconut... The result was delicate, creamy, and spicy. A perfect summer dish. It works wonderfully with scallops, but have made it with firm white fish and is equally as good. - Señora Hughes
Serves 4-6 starter portions
- 24 pieces Super fresh scallops, sliced in half
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (or enough to cover scallops)
- 8 ounces Can Coconut Milk
- 1 splash Coconut Water
- 2 pieces Kafir Lime Leaves
- 1 piece 2 inches of Ginger + 1 tbls minced
- 2 pieces Lemongrass
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 piece Medium shallot minced
- 4 tablespoons Minced Mint
- 4 tablespoons Minced Coriander
- 2-3 pieces Thai Chili (to taste) minced
- 1 bunch Scallions
- 1 pinch Palm Sugar (brown sugar works too)
- Place scallops and lime juice in a large glass jar with a tight fitting lid, making sure the lime covers the scallops. Give it a good shake, and put in the fridge while you prep the rest of the ingredients. Give the jar a spin whenever you walk past the fridge. Let cook for at least 1 hour
- In a small saucepan, simmer the coconut milk, coconut water, lemongrass, kafir lime leaves, sugar, red curry paste and ginger until it thickens, and has been reduced to about 1/3 of liquid. You'll know its done when you can draw a line on the back of a spoon. Strain, set aside and let cool
- Mix herbs, chilies, minced ginger, and shallot. Season with Salt
- When you are ready to serve, gently mix scallops with coconut cream mix and herbs. Check for seasonings, and sprinkle with scallions. Serve with tostadas, or crackers and an ice cold margarita!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.