If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is from my Mom. The recipe you see I have doubled because I never had enough. It is a great recipe and everyone loves it. If at any time you think this is too thick you can add more milk. It depends how long you cook it as to how thick it gets. —ChocolateDiva
- 2 quarts milk
- 2 cups Rice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg
- 1 piece lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put milk in sauce pan bring to boil with chunk of lemon rind.
- Add rice to the milk.
- When it comes to a boil lower the heat and simmer till rice is soft.
- While this is cooking beat the eggs and sugar together to creamy consistency.
- When rice is about done, add a little of the milk mixture to the egg mixture.
- Keep beating as you are adding the milk mixture to the egg mixture.
- Add a little at a time till it is all folded in.
- Cook a few minutes more.
- Remove lemon
- Pour into individual bowls or a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Amanda and Merrill's Best Rice Pudding
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.