If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple and fresh salad, dressed with a bright vinaigrette is the perfect side dish for meat, poultry, or fish. It travels well since it's mayonnaise free and is a fun and unique way to serve sweet potatoes! —Laura Dembowski
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, washed and cubed
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, stems trimed, cut in half
- 1 pound fresh english peas, shelled
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place sweet potatoes in a large pot and fill with enough water to allow them room to boil. Cover the pot and bring it to a boil. Once at a boil, cook the potatoes, covered, for about 10 minutes, until fork tender.
- While the potatoes boil, blanch the asparagus and peas in a small saucepan, covered, for about 3 minutes. When done, immediately remove from the water and place in a large serving bowl. Place the onion in this bowl as well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegars, mustard, honey, pepper, and salt, if using. While continuing to whisk, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Taste the dressing. Add more vinegar if you prefer it more acidic, or more oil and honey if you prefer it sweeter. The dressing should be on the acidic side, as the sweetness of the potatoes and peas needs a slightly acidic dressing.
- Drain the potatoes once cooked and place them in the bowl with the other vegetables. Pour over dressing and stir to combine. Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold. May be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Restorative Recipes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
Grilled Cheese, Please
Sandwiches that stop the world and melt with you
Grilled cheese, please.
It's time to travel.
Whey cool desserts.
Put cake on a pedestal.