If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I saw the finished product of the salad, all I could think about was how little Peter Cottontail would love to get his little paws on this-- hence the name.
I found this recipe on Gwyneth Paltrow's blog, GOOP, in a newsletter about easy summer salads, and I adapted just a bit. It is crunchy, a little sweet, perfectly gingery, & is great any time of year. It takes no time to put together & the ingredients are readily available throughout the year. This dish is also very portable & work work perfectly for a picnic or at a BBQ. I imagine a gorgeous piece of grilled salmon would be amazing with this. - we eat. happy.
For the salad:
- 2 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled & cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine all the vegetables in a medium sized bowl. Add the dressing & toss with your hands until everything is good & dressed. Let stand for 15-20 minutes to really let the flavors develop. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
For the dressing:
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 1" piece ginger, peeled & grated
- 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
- 2 TBL tamari
- 1 TBL pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp spicy sesame seed oil
- pinches cracked pepper
- Whisk ingredients together in a small bowl.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.