If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The deli counter at my local supermarket sells what it calls Chinese Sesame Slaw. A concoction of Asian-ish ingredients, it is a nice change from the standard Cole slaw (Deli Guy literally told me, "Try it, you'll like it!"). Delicious as it was, oil seemed to be the major ingredient, practically oozing its way out of the sealed plastic container.
With some experimentation, I created a clone, but with significantly less oil. It can be made up to a day in advance, easily doubles, and travels well to a picnic, barbecue or potluck. - ohyoucook
- 1 16-ounce bag bag fresh coleslaw mixture (pre-shredded cabbage and carrot)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large mixing bowl, place the Cole Slaw mixture.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over the slaw mixture. Gently toss until dressing is evenly distributed. Chill if not serving right away.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.