If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been making preserved lemons using Meyer lemons when we get them here on the East Coast. I love the taste and hate to find at the end of the year that I haven't used them up, so I keep trying to find new ways to use them. Suzanne Goin has a fabulous recipe for halibut with pea shoots and preserved lemon "salsa" (highly recommend!) and thought
I'd play with the salsa and make a vinaigrette to use on salads. This bean salad was one idea. - healthierkitchen
for the vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 preserved lemon, lightly rinsed and flesh discarded, rind thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- couple grinds fresh ground pepper
- 1 - 2 pinches salt
for the bean salad
- 2 cups cannellini beans, either cooked from dried or from one can of no sodium added beans
- 1 dry pint French green beans (haricots verts), stem ends trimmed and cut in two
- 1 handful or two of yellow or red cherry or grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced red onion
- To prepare the vinaigrette, place the shallot and vinegar in a bowl and let sit for about 5 minutes. Whisk in the agave nectar, and then the oil. Add in the preserved lemon rind and a couple of grinds of pepper. Set aside.
- Combine the two kinds of beans, the tomatoes and onions in a serving bowl. Spoon about half the dressing over top and mix gently to combine. Add more Tablespoon by Tablespoon until you achieve a balance you like. You might not use it all and can save the rest in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
That was a close shave.