Author Notes: We're picking one or two long English cucumbers everyday right now...so many to keep up with. Some sort of cucumber dish is on the menu each night and this was one of them. Extremely easy and refreshing! - inpatskitchen
Makes about 4 cups
- 1 large clove garlic, mashed or put through a garlic press
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Juice of one large lime
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or another neutral oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or in a pinch, one 15 ounce can, rinsed and drained)
- 1 nice size English cucumber, cut into a small dice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the garlic, zest , lime juice, cumin, chili powder, honey, oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Set aside.
- Combine the cucumbers and chick peas, pour the dressing over, taste for salt and pepper if needed and let marinate in the fridge for an hour or two before serving.