If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We're picking one or two long English cucumbers everyday right now...so many to keep up with. Some sort of cucumber dish is on the menu each night and this was one of them. Extremely easy and refreshing! —inpatskitchen
Makes about 4 cups
- 1 large clove garlic, mashed or put through a garlic press
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Juice of one large lime
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or another neutral oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or in a pinch, one 15 ounce can, rinsed and drained)
- 1 nice size English cucumber, cut into a small dice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the garlic, zest , lime juice, cumin, chili powder, honey, oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Set aside.
- Combine the cucumbers and chick peas, pour the dressing over, taste for salt and pepper if needed and let marinate in the fridge for an hour or two before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.