If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fennel is a beautiful vegetable and in this recipe we wanted to let it shine properly. The sweet coconut filling enhances its characteristic anise-like flavor. No cheese is needed here! The gluten-free crust is made with almond flour and has sweet flavor and just the right consistency. - Green Kitchen Stories
Makes 1 large 8-inch tart
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons ice-cold water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, leaves picked and chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- To make the tart case, sift together the flours, cornstarch, and salt in a bowl. Add the coconut oil and ice-cold water and use your hands to work the dry ingredients towards the center until a dough forms. If it feels crumbly, add 1 to 2 tablespoons more water. Gather it into a ball, wrap in cling-film and chill for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Whisk the coconut milk, eggs, nutmeg, rosemary, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl until combined. Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Use your hands to press the dough evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the tart tin. If making four smaller tarts, divide the dough into four equal pieces before pressing into the tins. Trim the dough flush with edge of the tin and prick the base with a fork to prevent the pastry from rising as it bakes.
- Pour coconut and egg mixture into the tart case, then place the fennel slices on top. Place in the middle of the oven and bake for about 35 minutes or until the tart is golden and crispy.
- Tip: Make the dough a day ahead. Wrap tightly in cling-film and leave in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Recipe of the Day
A sandwich that's monster-sized and marvelous.
Recipe of the Day
A curry powders primer.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.