Author Notes: Combine summer superstar ingredients like vibrant and sweet heirloom tomatoes, delicately spicy young garlic, the minty licorice sparkle of fresh basil with creamy fresh mozzarella and briny olives, then toss them raw with hot, freshly cooked pasta and voilà -- a king’s dish! - Pinch&Swirl
Food52 Review: This dish is completely a sum of its fresh flavors, and the quality of ingredients is absolutely key. The proportions went well together, and I liked the olives against the fresh tomato. It's a cinch to pull together, and worked great for a summer night dinner. - Omeletta
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (or more)
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 4 heirloom tomatoes, any variety, cut into bite-size chunks
- 12 olives, a mix of green and black, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into bite size chunks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- A handful of basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients, except basil, in a large bowl (large enough to hold the pasta too) and gently stir to combine.
- Season raw sauce to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. When pasta is al dente, scoop the pasta directly over the sauce and gently toss to combine.
- Add more olive oil, salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Sprinkle basil slices over the top and serve immediately.