Author Notes: I was looking for a light, and bright tasting salad to go with pulled pork sandwiches and beans. Finally I combined the best of a few recipes with corn, tomatoes and avocado. I added lime and rice vinegar to a simple vinegrette and I decided to roast the corn to bring out its sweetness.
Simple, different and delicious! - Ceecee Lee
- 2 avocados, chopped or use melon baller
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or grape tomatoes, whole
- 6 cobs of corn, grilled and corn niblets cut off
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- pinches salt pepper
- How to grill corn: Husk the corn and place directly on grill over medium heat. Turn often (every minute or so) until some niblets are slightly blackened and corn is heated through.
- Set aside 1/4 of chopped avocado.
- Mix corn niblets, tomatoes and remaining avocado in large bowl.
- Dressing: In small bowl mash avocado that was set aside.
- In another small bowl,whisk lime juice and add the oil and vinegar.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the mashed avocado and dressing until creamy and smooth.
- Dress salad and sprinkle cilantro and parsley.