Author Notes: My sister gave me this recipe many, many years ago, at least forty. It makes those wonderful summer "real" tomatoes taste so good. Left overs are even better! I do not know the origin of this recipe. - chezbeth
- 3 cups tomatoes, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 3/4 pounds angel hair pasta
- Mix tomatoes with garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Cook pasta and cool.
- Making dressing with vinegar, oil, basil, and parsley. Toss with tomato mixture and pasta. Serve
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe