If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My sister gave me this recipe many, many years ago, at least forty. It makes those wonderful summer "real" tomatoes taste so good. Left overs are even better! I do not know the origin of this recipe. - chezbeth
- 3 cups tomatoes, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 3/4 pounds angel hair pasta
- Mix tomatoes with garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Cook pasta and cool.
- Making dressing with vinegar, oil, basil, and parsley. Toss with tomato mixture and pasta. Serve
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe