If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Don't let green tomatoes have all the fun. For this recipe I used fresh, firm yellow tomatoes in a corn flour coating. It makes a great side dish for dinner or pair it with a salad for lunch. —almacucina
- 4 firm, yellow homegrown tomatoes
- 2 cups corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- corn oil for frying
- Divide corn flour into two separate dishes. Add paprika, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese to one dish and mix well.
- Slice tomatoes 1/3 inch thick and pat dry on paper towels. Working in batches, dredge slices in unseasoned corn flour, making sure to coat both sides. Next dip slices completely in egg and dredge in seasoned flour making sure all tomatoes are well coated.
- In a heavy bottomed skillet heat about 1&1/2 inches of oil on medium high heat. Fry 3 or 4 tomatoes at once for 1 or 2 minutes on each side, or until crust is golden. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe