If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a melange of rice pudding recipes that I have collected over years of enjoying rice pudding. Soaking the raisins in rum is a direct "lift" from Ina Garten's recipe in one of her wonderful cookbooks. Separating the eggs is a trick from a recipe my Mom got from her former hair stylist. I add extra vanilla just because I'm a vanilla nut. This works fine with milk, half and half, cream. - Lizthechef
Serves 6 portions
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon best quality vanilla extract
- seeds from one vanilla bean
- 2 cups cooked and cooled basmati rice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- dashes freshly grated nutmeg
- Soak raisins in rum while cooking, then cooling rice.
- Separate eggs. Beat yolks. Add sugar, salt, half and half, vanilla extract and seeds, raisins (and rum) and cooked rice.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture.
- Turn into buttered, shallow baking dish, sprinkle with nutmeg and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Amanda and Merrill's Best Rice Pudding
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
This is poppin'.