If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Is this the taste of summer? I think it might be. It is also one of the simplest and most rewarding. All you need is a loaf of sourdough (or similar), a pile of tip top, super ripe, full of sun tomatoes, some really good olive oil, garlic and a few herbs if you have them.
Make these toasts and then tuck in with your toes in the grass or better still the sand and remind yourself what summer tastes like.
It is difficult to be exact with ingredients as I don't know the size of your sourdough but this is a guide. —Anna May
- 1/2 loaf of sourdough bread, or other rustic bread
- 300g tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic peeled and halved
- 1 splash red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 1 sprig Fresh oregano or basil if you have it
- Slice and toast the sourdough. Finely chop the tomatoes and put in a bowl with the oil, vinegar, salt and some black pepper if you like, give it a stir. Rub the toasts with the cut side of the garlic and top with the tomato mixture. Pour over any remaining oil and sprinkle with the herbs.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe
Stress-Eat These Snacks
They're "True Detective" marathon approved
Stress-eat snacks for "True Detective."
Lemon bar cheesecake takes the cake.
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.