If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was adapted from one submitted to our local newspaper four or five years ago. A personal chef who favors healthy eating created it and it has become a cold weather staple in our household. I double the stock so it is more like soup than a classic chili. It is my favorite for a healthy start to the new year. Happy 2010! - Lizthechef
Makes 3-4 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion,chopped
- 1 four oz. can green chopped chiles
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 quart chicken stock, preferably homemade or low-sodium commercial
- Poach the chicken breasts in water with lemon juice. Add squeezed lemon halves to poaching liquid. Remove chicken from liquid and shred when cooled.
- Heat oil, add onion and cook for five minutes. Add garlic, chiles, cumin, coriander, oregano and cayenne - stir until blended.
- Add the beans, shredded chicken and stock.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to simmer 20-30 minutes. (Better reheated).
- Serve with dollop of low-fat sour cream and/or grated reduced fat cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best New Year's Resolution Dish
These beach eats can't be beat.
Shore-fire recipes for the beach.
Get out of the frame.
Chocolate has a meltdown.
These are nuts to travel with.