If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favorite cold soups for the summer. If cucumber's not your thing, you can prepare this soup with zucchini, tomato, celery, or a combination of all of those vegetables. Avocado is a perfect base for an easy soup like this, and it will give you a canvas that is endlessly adaptable. - Gena Hamshaw
Chilled Cucumber and Avocado Soup
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and cut into rough slices
- 1 large Haas avocado, halved, pitted, and flesh scooped out
- 2 scallions, green and white parts included, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup Ataulfo mango, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup tomato, 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 cup shucked corn kernels (raw)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, loosely packed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Blend all soup ingredients together in a blender till smooth, adding enough water to achieve a perfectly creamy texture (about a scant half cup, but use your judgment).
- Toss the salsa ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Transfer soup to four serving bowls. Top each with a half cup of the mango salsa, and serve.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!