Author Notes: This is one of my favorite cold soups for the summer. If cucumber's not your thing, you can prepare this soup with zucchini, tomato, celery, or a combination of all of those vegetables. Avocado is a perfect base for an easy soup like this, and it will give you a canvas that is endlessly adaptable. - Gena Hamshaw
Chilled Cucumber and Avocado Soup
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and cut into rough slices
- 1 large Haas avocado, halved, pitted, and flesh scooped out
- 2 scallions, green and white parts included, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup Ataulfo mango, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup tomato, 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 cup shucked corn kernels (raw)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, loosely packed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Blend all soup ingredients together in a blender till smooth, adding enough water to achieve a perfectly creamy texture (about a scant half cup, but use your judgment).
- Toss the salsa ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Transfer soup to four serving bowls. Top each with a half cup of the mango salsa, and serve.