Author Notes: At the height of zucchini season I love to scramble zucchini into my eggs in the morning. Turning the scramble into a breakfast taco with a sprinkling of feta and lots of salsa makes it even that much better. How can you go wrong with a breakfast taco? - fiveandspice
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 4 small corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- your favorite salsa, for serving
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a pan that’s just large enough to hold the zucchini in one layer. When the oil is shimmering, add the diced zucchini and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is quite soft, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a bowl with a good pinch of salt and pepper – you can add a couple tablespoons of cream or sour cream to the eggs if you have it on hand (I didn’t).
- When the zucchini is cooked, remove the pan from the heat, pour in the eggs, and stir like crazy with a wooden spoon until the eggs are softly cooked through and coat the zucchini - the eggs should cook against the heat of the zucchini kind of like they do with the pasta in carbonara, if the eggs don’t cook quite enough to suit your taste, put the pan over low heat and continue cooking, stirring all the while, until they are cooked to your liking.
- Divide the egg mixture between the four tortillas and top each with a sprinkling of feta and a couple spoonsful of salsa.