If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 8-10 waffles
- 1 packet dry active yeast
- 2 cups lukewarm milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar, plus more for sprinkling over fruit
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3-4 peaches (or any fruit you like on top of your waffles)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Sprinkle yeast over warm milk. Stir to dissolve. Beat egg yolks and add to yeast mixture with vanilla. In another bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and sugar. Add to liquid ingredients. Stir in melted butter and combine thoroughly.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Carefully fold into batter. Let mixture stand in a warm place about 45 minutes or until it’s double in bulk.
- Meanwhile slice your peaches and sprinkle with a teaspoon or two of sugar. Stir and let sit at room temperature until mixture gets nice and syrupy.
- Whip the heavy cream until it reaches soft peaks. (Feel free to add a ½ teaspoon vanilla and a teaspoon of sugar while you’re whipping it.)
- Cook waffles according to your waffle iron’s specifications. Top with fruit and whipped cream. Enjoy!