If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe I came across in a book about 15 years ago, and over the years I have modified it so much that its a favorite that no one else seems to be able to make! Its a healthy, tasty, gluten free option for dessert or snack time.
It's sooo good! —karine
Makes 24 cupcakes
- 2/3 cup Quinoa
- 1 1/3 cups water
- Soak the quinoa in lots of water for 3-5 minutes. Then wash and rinse quinoa few times to get fully rinsed (or it will have a bitter taste).
- Bring quinoa and 1 1/3 cups of water to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low for 8 minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave covered for extra 8 minutes. Then fluff quinoa with a fork and set aside to allow to cool.
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla (I use pure)
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2/3 cup Brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup Oatmeal or Coconut (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease muffin pans (24) or 2 x 8" cake pans.
- Mix the milk, eggs and vanilla. Add 2 cups of the cooked quinoa, honey and butter and blend until really smooth, no chunks (works real good with food processor).
- Mix brown sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in bowl. Add to liquid mixture, blend for 1 minute.
- Put batter into muffin tins or cake pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Let cool down, then enjoy!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).