Author Notes: This quinoa salad is vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free friendly! It is a light salad, but also heavy enough to keep you full. The combination of the citrus fruits and hearty bean and quinoa base is tough to beat. Enjoy this quinoa dish at the pool, on the beach, or in the comfort of your home. It won the hearts of many of my friends! - Kristin
Makes 7-8 cups of salad
- 2 cans (15 oz) black beans
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 2 grapefruits
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 large avocado
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- .25 teaspoons sea salt
- Cook 1 cup of quinoa, according to directions
- Rinse the beans, corn and chop the veggies and garnishes.
- Mix the cooked quinoa, lime juice, cumin, and salt. Place as a bottom layer in the pan.
- Layer with onions, peppers, grapefruit, black beans, corn, avocado and cilantro. Refrigerate to cool.
- Serve with pita chips, atop greens or alone!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe