If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the kind of Green Goddess you actually want to eat -- no mayo, not too much garlic, and loaded with fresh herbs and avocado. Adapted from Bon Appetit. —Brette Warshaw
Makes around 2 cups
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 oil-packed anchovies, very finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- Salt and pepper
- Put your avocado, vinegar, garlic clove, anchovies, lemon juice, lime juice, and sugar in a blender. Blend until pureed.
- While the motor is running, pour in your 3/4 cup olive oil in a steady stream. Whisk in the heavy cream.
- Stir in your chopped basil, parsley, tarragon, and shallot.
- Season with salt and pepper. Taste it -- it's good!
- Cover your mixture and put it in the fridge for at least 3 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 10 to 20 minutes before serving. It will keep for 3 days. Enjoy at your leisure.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.