Author Notes: This is a fun party dip that hits on almost every flavor imaginable. It's made with black beans and Mexican spices, topped with pineapple (sweet & sour), queso fresco (salty & umami) and a drizzle of sriracha (spicy). As an added bonus, I also tried to combine textures - soft dip, crumbly cheese, juicy pineapple, and crunchy chips for dipping. - foxeslovelemons
Makes 1-1/2 cups dip
- 15.25 ounces black beans
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresqco
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- Plantain chips or tortilla chips, for serving
- In food processor, pulse beans, garlic, yogurt, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne until smooth.
- Transfer to serving dish; top with pineapple, cilantro, queso fresco and hot sauce, if desired.
- Serve with chips for dipping.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe