If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A friend gave us tons of tomato seedlings this summer, and while growing tomatoes in Northern Minnesota is always a gamble (there's rarely enough heat to get most of the tomatoes to ripen), we managed to have a handful of hot weeks toward the end of summer and our tomatoes are coming into their own. So, it's tomato everything! Pan con tomate is a favorite snack during tomato season (when I'm not having a tomato sandwich Merrill-style) , and I like it at breakfast too. Inspired by a photo I saw on Pinterest (oh yeah, I do love poking around Pinterest) I decided to top some morning slices of pan con tomate with fried eggs. We were instantly in love with our new breakfast treat. - fiveandspice
- 4 thick slices of country style bread
- olive oil
- 1 fat clove of garlic, peeled
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut in half
- 4 large eggs
- salt and pepper
- Brush the slices of bread on both sides with a bit of olive oil and toast in the oven or a toaster oven, at about 375F, until golden and crisped.
- Remove the toasts from the oven and rub them well first with the clove of garlic and then with the cut side of the tomato, generously squeezing the tomato innards out onto the toasts as you rub. Sprinkle the toasts with a little salt and pepper.
- Coat a large skillet or frying pan with a thin layer of olive oil and heat to medium high. Crack the eggs into the pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then cover the pan and cook the eggs until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny. Top each piece of toast with one of the eggs and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce
Style with a breeze.
The Poor Man's Parmesan
Satisfy your salty, crunchy, oily cravings -- without the price tag.