Author Notes: Hardly a recipe, this is an absolutely superb appetizer for a dinner party that involves marginal work and no advance preparation. Heating the olives amplifies their flavor, and the little chips of roasted garlic and crispy herbs give added oomph. - Rivka
- 2 pounds mixed olives (I like picholine, kalamata, and manzanilla)
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 a lemon
- good olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice lemon in half lengthwise, and then slice the half you're using into half-rings.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except oil. Stir to combine. Distribute evenly on a rimmed baking sheet, and drizzle with a couple tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until garlic is golden and olives are bursting. Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately.