If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
For the Thousand Island Dressing
- 3/4 cup Duke's Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Heinz All Natural Ketchup
- 1/4 cup homemade bread and butter pickles, minced
- 1 teaspoon shallot, minced
- 3 to 5 drops Crystal hot sauce or hot sauce of your choice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the vegetables
- 4 leeks, trimmed of green, root end left intact
- 1 large red onion, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds and skin removed
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 perfect heirloom tomatoes, Boxcar Willies or Wisconsin 55s work great
- toasted sesame seeds
- For the Thousand Island: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a whisk until everything is combined. Set aside.
- Cut the leeks in half lengthwise. If you have left the root end on, it will hold the leeks together, making them easier to handle when they are on the grill. Place the onions and leeks on a tray. Drizzle oil over the onions and leeks. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Before you grill the rest of your dinner, grill the onions and leeks. Let them color nicely. Wrap them in foil and seal it tightly. Set it to a cool spot on the grill and let them soften. Grill the rest of your dinner.
- Arrange the veggies on a platter in an attractive manner, top with toasted sesame and season the veg with salt and pepper. Serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
These snacks are independent.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
49 new dinnerware pieces.
A handy saucepan.