If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favorite spring dishes -- blanched asparagus seasoned with olive oil, lemon, coarse salt and pepper, and topped with sieved hard-boiled egg. - Amanda Hesser
- Coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1 egg
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Maldon sea salt or other flaky sea salt
- Fill a large pan with water, season with salt and bring to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice water. Drop the asparagus in the boiling water and cook until just tender, about 4 minutes, then lift out the spears and plunge them in the ice water. Once cool, dry the asparagus on tea towels.
- Boil water again and drop in the egg. Cook for 9 minutes, then let it cool before peeling it.
- Arrange the asparagus on a platter. Sprinkle on the olive oil, and squeeze over a little lemon juice. Place the egg in a sieve and use the back of a spoon to mash it through the sieve and over the asparagus. (Hence the name -- the fluffy yellow-and-white sieved egg resembles mimosa flowers.) Finish the dish with a coarse grind of pepper and a dash of salt.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce
Easter Baskets for Loved Ones Who Sometimes Annoy You
Sure to put somebunny out of business.
Style with a breeze.