If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: During my first (very) cold Michigan winter, I came up with this soup both to help ward off the cold and warm up my Southern Californian body. - russeaime
- 2 pounds parsnips
- 1/2 pound carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 quart chicken broth, preferably homemade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper
- salt & pepper
- maple syrup
- Peel, core, and dice parsnips. Dice carrots and onion.
- Heat olive oil in large soup pot on medium-high. Add onions and cook until almost translucent, stirring often. Add carrots and parsnips. Let cook until soft, almost caramelized.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Lower temp and let simmer for 30 minutes. Then turn off the heat and let cool.
- When the mixture is cool enough, puree it (I like to use an immersion blender) and add chili pepper and salt and pepper to taste. Reheat mixture.
- Ladle soup into bowls and drizzle a small amount of maple syrup on each serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.