If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A melt in your mouth roasted spaghetti squash dish that features fresh Italian herbs for a truly memorable comfort food dish. - misschels
- 2 large spaghetti squash
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup low-sodium veggie broth
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 415 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. Place 1 spaghetti squash in a large mixing bowl, add ¼ c. of water, and cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Place the bowl inside the microwave and microwave for 7-10 minutes, or until the spaghetti squash is tender on the exterior and can be pierced with a knife. Repeat with the 2nd spaghetti squash.
- Cut both squashes in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and discard. Sprinkle the insides of the squash halves with salt and pepper and place face down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until golden brown on the inside. In the meantime, place the spinach in a large non-stick skillet over low heat. Cover the skillet with a lid and let the spinach wilt.
- Place the onion, garlic, and parsley in the bowl of a food processor and process on high until finely chopped. Place the onion mixture into the pan with the spinach. Add the broth and almond milk and bring the mixture to a simmer. Lower the heat and mix in the egg.
- Once the squash is finished roasting, let cool completely. Scoop out the inside of the squash into a large mixing bowl. Place the spinach mixture into the mixing bowl with the squash. Add the salt and pepper and check seasoning to your liking.
- Stir everything together to distribute evenly. Spread the squash mixture evenly into a 13×9 baking dish greased with cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until golden around the edges. Let cool slightly before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
Recipe of the Day
Garden Mule Cocktail
Garden Mule Cocktail
Fresh beer, anywhere.
What to Do With Marjoram
How to keep produce longer.
Go play outside!