If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quinoa falls into that love it or hate it category, like cilantro, or anchovies. I love it. My husband hates it. So when he's not home, I get crazy with the quinoa.
I use a 1:2 ratio for quinoa. 1 part quinoa to 2 parts water. After a very thorough rinse, bring to a boil with a little salt, then simmer for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork. I usually make a big batch and use it throughout the week. One cup of uncooked quinoa will yield a whole bunch of quinoa, enough for this recipe and then some. —mrslarkin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2" dice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, warm or room temp
- grated zest of navel orange
- juice of 1/2 navel orange
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- pistachios, or peanuts, or both, lightly crushed (about a small handful)
- 1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed, cut into small dice
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- salt and pepper
- Heat butter and oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. When butter begins to foam, add the diced potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 or so minutes, until potatoes just begin to brown. Stir in the maple syrup. Season with salt to taste. Turn off heat.
- In the saute pan, combine the remaining ingredients with the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.