If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I think it's unfair pumpkin bread gets to be the best bread, at least from the months of September-December. Sure it's good, but come on. It's already got the biggest fan club on the block. And didn't being a hipster teach you anything? This bread is totally the new pumpkin bread. It's still orange, it's still spicy, and it's still completely stuff-it-in-your-mouth-all-in-one-piece awesome, so yeah. Did I mention it contains bourbon? —Catherine Lamb
Serves how selfish are you?
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- For the Squash Puree: Preheat oven to 350 F. Cut squash in half and remove shreds and strings. Place skin-side up on a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with neutral oil and bake 30-40 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Scoop out insides and blend in a food processor (or, if you're like me and don't have a food processor, with a fork).
- For the Squash Bread: Adopted from Sara Foster Combine dates and bourbon in a small bowl. Leave for at least two hours, though this can be done days in advance. You can also skip the booze and just put in dates, or nix those altogether and add nuts, chocolate chips, or nada.
- Line two 9x5" baking pans with parchment paper. You can also butter and flour the pans, but parchment paper is so much easier to clean.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together sugar, eggs, and oil in a separate bowl until well blended. Stir in squash puree, coconut milk and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just until combined. Do not overmix!
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans and bake about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Usually after 45 minutes I start checking, and when I can push lightly in the center of the bread and it feels firm it's donezo.
- Let rest 6-7 minutes before removing from the pan. Serve with cream cheese.
Yello There, Yakitori
A menu that's everything and more
A menu that has it all.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
Freestyle berry jam.
We give it 8 tentacles up.