If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used to make a pasta sauce with chorizo and shrimp, and I gradually modified it to use my own favorite ingredients. - Cindy Roberts
Serves 4 to 6
- 1/3 cup extra- virgin oilve oil
- 1 1/2 medium yellow onions sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 pieces Garlic crushed
- 31/2 ounce smoked sausage thinly sliced
- 8 ounces roasted red pepper sliced
- 6 pieces pepperoncini sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted tomatoes sliced
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, halved
- 28 ounces petite plain diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup parmigiano- reggiano cheese
- 1/2 bunch chopped parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- After heating the oil in a pan on medium heat, add the onions and saute for three minutes or until slightly browned then add the garlic. Saute for another minute or so.
- add smoked sausage cook for a couple of minutes then Add roasted red pepper,roasted tomatoes, artichoke hearts, pepperoncini, tomatoes, dried oregano and dried basil. Cook to boiling, then cover and simmer for ten minutes. Remove cover and simmer for an additional five minutes.
- In the meantime, boil the spaghetti until about just under al dente; the noodles will finish cooking in the sauce.
- Add the spaghetti to the sauce, along with half a cup of cheese, half of the parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve the remaining cheese and parsley alongside the finished dish as garnish.