If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A few tips for these pickles:
-Use a good quality vinegar. Don’t use the bulk white kind that kills your bathroom mold.
-You can liven up the vinegar with anything you like. Go wild.
-Once the vinegar hits the jalapeños, their color will shift from a beautiful vibrant green to a dulled brownish green. Don’t panic.
-Like many things in the kitchen, jalapeño pickles are always better the next day. - Phyllis Grant
Makes a little over a cup
- 4 to 6 jalapeños
- 1 cup Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- Stem and then thinly slice jalapeños into circles. Wash your hands well.
- In a saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, salt, and garlic. Bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low. Stir until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Add jalapeños and simmer for two minutes. Pour into a jar. Cool. Store in the fridge for no more than a week.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
The Daily Grind
Italian Breakfast Buns