Author Notes: A few tips for these pickles:
-Use a good quality vinegar. Don’t use the bulk white kind that kills your bathroom mold.
-You can liven up the vinegar with anything you like. Go wild.
-Once the vinegar hits the jalapeños, their color will shift from a beautiful vibrant green to a dulled brownish green. Don’t panic.
-Like many things in the kitchen, jalapeño pickles are always better the next day. - dashandbella
Makes a little over a cup
- 4 to 6 jalapeños
- 1 cup Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- Stem and then thinly slice jalapeños into circles. Wash your hands well.
- In a saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, salt, and garlic. Bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low. Stir until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Add jalapeños and simmer for two minutes. Pour into a jar. Cool. Store in the fridge for no more than a week.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!