If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What can I say about baked eggs? They're so good. The texture of a nicely baked egg is so perfectly velvety, and if they're drizzled with cream that thickens and becomes buttery when baked? Yum. This is one of my many preferred combinations for baked eggs, with mushrooms and gruyere cheese rounding out the eggs and cream. - fiveandspice
Serves 2 to 4
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms - any variety you like - sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup shredded Gruyere
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Heat your oven to 400F. Melt the butter in a medium sauté pan over medium high heat. When the butter is foaming, add the mushrooms and sprinkle them generously with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the garlic and the thyme in the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Grease an 8X8” or other smallish baking dish. Scrape the mushrooms into the baking dish.
- Crack the eggs over the mushrooms and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs, then drizzle the cream over the top. Bake in the oven until the whites are set and the yolks are velvety and just barely runny, about 10-12 minutes. Serve warm.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Around the World in 16 Breakfasts
The most important meal of the day, the international way.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Wildcard Winner: Texas Tailgate Burger
Prep your pans for perfection.
Stop the soap opera.