Author Notes: Comfort food, low carb, cauliflower, creamy and amazing taste. Not common to get all three in one gratin. Looks beautiful too thanks to the sunny hue given off by the turmeric. - dbrowning
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 2/3 cups skim milk
- 4 ounces asiago cheese, cut up
- 1 tablespoon grated parmagiano reggiano
- 2 teaspoons organic turmeric
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 salt/pepper to taste - remember the cheese is very salty so add any add'l salt sparingly
- Preheat oven to 450. Cut the cauliflower into bite sized pieces and put on a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast at 450 for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the sauce. Heat the milk, cream cheese and 1/2 of the asiago on medium heat. Simmer until cheese melts and sauce thickens. Add all herbs and turmeric to the pan. put on lowest heat until cauliflower finishes roasting. Keep oven on.
- Take cauliflower out of oven and mix it into the saucepan with the sauce, stir well to coat. Spray a thin layer of oil into a square (8") baking dish or similar sized oval gratin dish. Put the cauliflower mixture into it. Sprinkle the remainder of the asiago and the parmesan on top. Bake at 450 until well browned and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
- This is an amazing side dish served with baked herb roasted chicken.