Author Notes: This is one of my guilty pleasures. It's a perfect blend of sweet, fragrant, creamy, and tangy. So perfect for fall. It;s like carrot or pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting, but you don't have to make frosting, and you get just s little edge of sophistication from the cheese.
This pumpkin bread is adapted from Tartine's pumpkin tea bread, but you can also use any pumpkin bread recipe you prefer. - fiveandspice
Makes 1 loaf
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs. pumpkin puree
- 1 cup melted coconut oil (or you can replace this with vegetable oil)
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 wedge of Brie - enough for everybody eating to have a couple thin slices
- Heat your oven to 350F. Grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In one bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a large bowl, beat together the pumpkin, oil, sugars, and salt until well blended. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating until completely incorporated. Stir in the dry ingredients just until blended.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake until a toothpick stuck into the bread comes out clean, about an hour.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes before removing it. Serve thick warm slices topped with pieces of the Brie. You can also toast leftovers and serve with Brie.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!