Author Notes: My family's full of vegans and picky eaters, which means that my mother has her work cut out for her every Thanksgiving. This is a recipe that everyone loves -- cubes of seeded bread meet a soffritto for a stuffing recipe that's reminiscent of a winter panzanella. - Gabriella Paiella
- 1 loaf of seeded bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. On the stovetop, heat oil on medium heat in a large pan until it glistens. Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the celery and carrots, then cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the cranberries, and sauté. Remove the mixture from the stovetop and set aside.
- Dice your bread into 1/2" cubes, then add them to a pre-greased baking dish, along with all the stovetop vegetables, the broth, almond milk, salt, and rosemary.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil, bake it for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake it for another 15 minutes until it's golden brown.