If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple recipe, and like all simple recipes, it requires the best ingredients. Most important of all are carrots. Choose young carrots, vibrantly fresh and alive, in as many colors as are available- red, orange, yellow, and purple. - AliceWaters
- Carrots (2 to 4 per person)
- Cut off the greens of the carrots, leaving a half inch of stem.
- Peel the carrots lightly, and wash them well.
- Cut the large ones in half lengthwise, but leave small ones whole.
- Put a pan with 1/2 inch of water in it over high heat.
- Add the carrots, a small knob of butter per person, and salt to taste.
- Cover the pan and cook until the carrots are just tender.
- Remove the lid, lower the heat, add a small spoonful of honey, and cook until the water is mostly gone and the carrots are gilded with a shiny glaze of butter and honey.
- Remove from the pan and serve right away.
- If you like, strew some chopped chervil or dill on the top.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!