If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this for my dinner last night - so the recipe serves 1. If you'd like to feed, say, your family, just multiply by the number of people involved! I grilled my eggplant and pepper for this recipe, but if you don't have a grill at the constant ready, you can also broil or sear them (though the flavor from the grill adds a whole 'nuther dimension of flavor). Also, I would have used lemon thyme had my plant not succumbed to the heat last summer, so I used my regular thyme. Either will work, but given a choice, choose lemon. - aargersi
- 2 thick slices of eggplant
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 4 large shrimp - peeled and cleaned
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 1/4 cup whole wheat couscous
- 3/4 cup seafood stock
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- fresh black pepper
- 2 green onions - chopped
- Heat the grill to med-high. Brush the eggplant and pepper with 1 tablespoons olive oil, squeeze juice from half the lemon over them, and spinkle them with salt. Grill them until they have a nice char but are not completely cooked. Bring them in and cut them into bite size pieces.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil to medium, and add the garlic and shrimp. Cook until the shrimp are just pink but not completely cooked.
- Add the stock and thyme, a couple of grinds of pepper, bring to a simmer, and add the couscous. Stir, turn off the heat and leave covered for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the eggplant, peppers and juice from the other half of the lemon, as well as the green onion, and cover for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon into a bowl, top with toasted slivered almonds, serve and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Couscous Dish
Breakfast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Style with a breeze.
Genius, explained at last.
White and Grey Ceramic Vase
For fresh blooms.