Author Notes: Jo jo's are basically chicken fried potatoes, I ate a lot of them growing up, now I serve this healthier alternative to my family. All the delicious, less of the fat, and totally affordable, they really high light the nuances of the russet potato. - Alexandra V. Jones
- 2 pounds russet potato, scrubbed and cut into quarters. I used those smaller one that you get in the 5lbs bags. If you are using #1 large bakers I would probably half then quarter each half, for the right crunch, and cooking time.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch, use all cornstarch and omit flour if you want them gluten free.
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Pre heat your oven to 375, in a large bowl toss your potatoes with the oil.
- Combine dry ingredients and pour into potatoes, toss well making sure all potatoes are coated.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet rubbed with oil or sprayed with cooking spray and bake 40 – 45 minutes, turning half way through. Serve with dip of choice or au natural! These are great for pot lucks, BBQ’s, or just dinner on a week night. Also really fun to get kids involved in this recipe! I topped mine with a little fresh dill that I had…mainly for food styling purposes, but if you have it, use it, but totally optional!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes