If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Jo jo's are basically chicken fried potatoes, I ate a lot of them growing up, now I serve this healthier alternative to my family. All the delicious, less of the fat, and totally affordable, they really high light the nuances of the russet potato. —Alexandra V. Jones
- 2 pounds russet potato, scrubbed and cut into quarters. I used those smaller one that you get in the 5lbs bags. If you are using #1 large bakers I would probably half then quarter each half, for the right crunch, and cooking time.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch, use all cornstarch and omit flour if you want them gluten free.
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Pre heat your oven to 375, in a large bowl toss your potatoes with the oil.
- Combine dry ingredients and pour into potatoes, toss well making sure all potatoes are coated.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet rubbed with oil or sprayed with cooking spray and bake 40 – 45 minutes, turning half way through. Serve with dip of choice or au natural! These are great for pot lucks, BBQ’s, or just dinner on a week night. Also really fun to get kids involved in this recipe! I topped mine with a little fresh dill that I had…mainly for food styling purposes, but if you have it, use it, but totally optional!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.