Author Notes: Easy to make. Quick to alter. Couscous is a great option for quick meals - Kitchen Butterfly
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon white part of spring onions, chopped
- 1/4 of a red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small, red chili pepper, deveined, deseeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin, rosted in a dry pan and coarsely crushed
- 150 - 200 milliliters Water
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 150g couscous
- 20g Flaked almonds
- 20g chopped coriander leaves and stem (cilantro)
- 80g Pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon green part of spring onions, sliced into rings
- Heat 1 teaspoon of butter in pan and when melted, add the whites of the spring onions, the diced bell pepper, chili (if using) and the coarsely crushed cumin. Stir for couple of minutes, add the couscous and stir again.
- Add the water and salt, stir around and put a lid on the pan. Leave it for a minute or two and then turn off the heat and leave to stand for 4-5 minutes.
- Lift the lid, add the other teaspoon of butter. Use a fork to fluff up the grains.
- When ready to serve, toss in the chopped coriander, green bits of spring onions and the pomegranate seeds.
- Serve with a caramelised lemon vinagrette
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Couscous Dish