Author Notes: I've always been a big fan of cinnamon, but I have a relatively new love for cardamom and I adore the two together and with other spices. I created this Middle Eastern-inspired couscous dish to accompany my Baked Whole Red Snapper in Tahini Sauce, but it also makes a nice breakfast when warmed with some milk or cream... - WinnieAb
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Israeli couscous (white or whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup yellow raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons butter
- course sea salt
- In a small pot on the stove, bring the water to a boil. Add the couscous and the raisins and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Add the spices and allow to cook for about 10 minutes, until the water has cooked off and the couscous is plump and tender. Stir in the butter.
- Sprinkle with a large pinch or two of course sea salt before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Couscous Dish