Author Notes: Caribbean flavoured fish with the star of the show being fresh celery salt - Kitchen Butterfly
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 stick celery (about 2 tablespoons), coarsely grated and mixed with a teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 scotch bonnet pepper (Optional)
- Leaves of 3 stalks of fresh lemon thyme
- 3 medium whole seabass
- Make the jerk paste by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Make 3-4 slanting slits on both sides of each fish and stuff jerk paste into each slit. Rub some over the rest of the flesh of the fish.
- Put an ovenproof grill pan on medium heat and then turn the oven on to preheat at 200 degrees centigrade
- When the grill pan is hot, lightly oil it using a brush and then carefully place the fish on. After 4-5 minutes, carefully flip the fish over and then place in the oven. Let cook for another 10 - 12 minutes.
- Serve with Jamaican Rice n Peas and Creole sauce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Cook a Whole Fish