If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These baked fries are crunchy on the outside and creamy in the middle with a touch of sweetness that make them irresistible. - A Local Choice
- 2-3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup baked, peeled, and mashed sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Brush a 9x13 baking dish with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and set aside
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add salt
- Reduce heat to low, slowly whisk in cornmeal, stirring constantly
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until thickened
- Remove from heat and add sweet potato mash, honey , butter and parmesan
- Transfer polenta to greased baking dish, spreading evenly and allow to cool completely. (You can make this the day before and cool in the refrigerator overnight.)
- Heat oven to 450F
- Unmold polenta from baking dish onto a cutting board and slice into "fries"
- Brush with olive oil, place on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, flipping half way.
- Sprinkle with seasoning and serve
- For seasoning - in a small bowl combine salt, brown sugar, black pepper, and garlic powder
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.