If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Even the sweet potato haters in your family will like this Roasted Potato Medley, a recipe you will turn to time and time again. It's a great side dish that is ideal served along side any meat or fish. You can even go totally vegetarian and serve Roasted Potato Medley as the main event accompanied by your favorite green salad. —Cook with 2 Chicks
Serves 6 as a side dish
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 small red potatoes
- 3 small white potatoes
- 3 red, yellow or orange bell peppers
- 1 bunch green onions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika, divided
- 3 pinches red pepper flakes
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- 1 sprig thyme
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes. Chop the red and white potatoes. Place all potatoes in a big bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper to taste, 1 1/2 tablespoons smoked paprika, and 2 pinches of red pepper flakes. Stir potatoes so they are evenly coated with the oil and spices.
- Place potatoes on a cookie sheet and roast in a 425 degree oven for 35-40 minutes until the potatoes are soft and brown on the edges.
- While the potatoes are roasting, clean and trim green onions; just remove the ends retaining the green and white part of the onion. Place in a big bowl.
- Remove the seeds and pith from the peppers and chop into bite-size pieces. Add to the bowl of green onions.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper to taste, 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika, and 1 pinch red pepper flakes. Stir peppers and onions until they are evenly coated with the oil and spices.
- Place peppers and onions on a second cookie sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes. The peppers and onions can roast during the last 15 minutes or so that the potatoes are cooking.
- Place the roasted vegetables in a bowl. Adjust the seasoning if necessary. Add the thyme and parsley to the hot vegetables and stir to combine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The invincible beer can chicken.
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.