Author Notes: I was inspired to make a warm, autumnal dish after inviting friends over to join in a last-minute weekend brunch. This is a quick recipe to assemble and the dry ingredients can be mixed the night before and kept in an airtight container for faster morning prep. Easily adaptable for your tastes with seasonal ingredients. Delicious served hot alongside pork sausage or cold and covered with milk. - rachellynnec
Serves 8 with leftovers
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons (or 1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 handful (between 1/4 and 1/2 cup) golden raisins
- 1 fuji apple, chopped
- In a medium sized bowl, mix dry ingredients together, being sure that brown sugar is evenly distributed throughout. In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well. Fold chopped apple and raisins into oatmeal mixture.
- Spread mixture into a greased 9x13" casserole dish or baking pan. Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes, until oatmeal has puffed slightly and is browned on top.