If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used Barefoot Contessa's Easy Tomato Soup recipe as my baseline, but adjusted it to make it less rich/oily. —timmytwinkle
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 ounces can crushed tomatoes, preferably San Marzano
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup 1/2 and 1/2
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cook the diced onion in the olive oil over medium-low heat. Stir frequently for about 15 minutes or until onions turn golden brown. Stirring constantly, add the minced garlic and cook 1 more minute making sure to not burn the garlic.
- Add the chicken stock and can of tomatoes into the pot. Season with salt & pepper. Bring the soup to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the half & half and bring the soup back to a simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, warm bread, grilled cheese, dollop of goat cheese & pesto swirl....the list never ends.
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
It's in the bag.