If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been using this technique to make flatbreads of all kinds. I simply toast a good quality flour tortilla (8 inch, but any size works) in a dry skillet until its crisy and top it with anything you'd like. I've done variations with tuna tartare, beef tartare, and smoked salmon.
This smoked salmon version is my favorite. It is quick, can be made in advance, and looks beautiful on the plate. Enjoy! - lower5thcook
Makes one 8" diameter flatbread. i suggest cutting into quarters or eighths
- 1 8" flour tortilla
- 2 ounces Cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces Top quality smoked salmon, sliced in strips
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced and soaked in cold water for five minutes to soften flavor
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Capers, chopped fine
- 1 Radish, sliced very thin
- Zest from half of a lime
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When it comes to temperature place the tortilla in the skillet. Toast for about 45 seconds. Flip over to other side and cook for another 30-45 seconds. The goal is not to get a lot of color on the tortilla, but to toast it until crispy. You should be able to hold it like a frisbee with no flex.
- Let the crisped tortilla cool on a cutting board for a minute or so. Once slightly cooled gently spread the softened cream cheese over the entire surface of the tortilla.
- Evenly sprinkle minced red onion over the cream cheese. Top this with the strips of smoked salmon so you have evenly and artfully covered it.
- Sprinkle the chopped dill, chopped capers, and sliced radish over the salmon. Finish with the grated lime zest and a few grinds of fresh black pepper. A little drizzle of good olive oil never hurts here either.
- Use a sharp chef's knife to cut into quarters or eighths and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.