If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband has always been suspicious of hummus generally, but has developed an inexplicable love for the horseradish hummus from Trader Joe's. Since we have enjoyed it so much, I wanted to create my own homemade version. I adapted my horseradish hummus recipe from Eat, Live, Run's incredibly good basic hummus recipe, which you can consult here: http://www.eatliverun.com/incredibly-good-basic-hummus/. I think it is a great jumping off point for lots of hummus inspiration. I love this horseradish hummus because it is unique, has a ton of flavor and still healthy at the same time. You can serve it with crudites and it will balance out other heavier appetizers that you might want to serve too. - Leah Davis
- 1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight in water or for at least 3 hours
- 1/3 cup Tahini plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- crudites for serving
- Place soaked chickpeas in a small pot with fresh water. Bring chickpeas to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for at least one hour. You may need to add more water as you simmer the chickpeas ~ check every so often to make sure there is an inch or so of water covering them. Once the chickpeas are fork tender, drain them from the water.
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, water, olive oil, salt, fresh dill and horseradish to a large food processor. Pulse until the consistency becomes smooth. If needed, add more water or olive oil to achieve desired consistency. Serve with crudites and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
Mom's (The) Best
Mom's Pasta e Fagioli
Pasta e Fagioli
Vegetarian Ma Po Tofu
DIY Herb Rub
Easygoing banana bread.
Go play outside!