If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This could go in either category - Desserts or Vegetables. My mother-in-law gave me this recipes a few years ago when I confessed to her my addiction to zucchini. She had learned how to make this during a cooking class when she was in college and kept the handwritten recipe in her binder. What she gave me was a list of ingredients in her perfect script and I figured out the rest. I love the refreshing light taste of these cookies, plus they are a great way to use up any surplus of zucchini in my kitchen! - KelseyTheNaptimeChef
Food52 Review: When we first saw this recipe, we knew we had to try it. TheNaptimeChef had come up with a concept we'd never considered before, and we were both intrigued and hopeful. These cookies are delicate and ultra-lemony, the crisp buttery base anchoring a tender, cakey dome. The zucchini is subtle, but every few bites it makes its presence known with a pleasant, vegetal undertone. After our first taste, we agreed that these brought to mind a modern-day English tea cake -- we felt a hankering for a cuppa. The cookies were browning a bit too quickly after the first 12 minutes, so we turned the heat down to 350 degrees for the last 3. If, like we did, you use dark baking sheets, you may want to do the same. The cookies are perfectly cooked when they have a delicate smattering of light brown "freckles" on top. - A&M - The Editors
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar in a mixer, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and mix until incorporated. Add lemon zest and zucchini, mix until fully combined.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients until all of the flour has been added and is completely mixed in. Do not overbeat.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto a prepared cookie sheet and bake for 14-16 minutes, or until edges of cookie are golden.
- Your Best Zucchini or Summer Squash Recipe Contest Winner!
Butter, Butter, Repeat
Puff pastry: No pain, all the gain.
Puff Pastry Primer
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Recipe of the Day
All the spring pastabilities.
That was a close shave.