If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We prepare risotto in the traditional way. This takes a little longer, but the time spent coaxing the dish along is so enjoyable that we insist on cooking it this way. Our Salmon Risotto turned out to be absolutely delicious; so here's the recipe.............. —Tom and Anita Morgan
- 8-10 ounces wild salmon, rubbed with mesquite rub (purchased from Amazon, made by Kirkland) and warmed at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 3/4 cup white wine (we use Sauvignon Blanc)
- 2 3/4 cups low sodium if possible, organic vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice
- 1/4+ Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 thin round slices of lemon
- Melt butter in a 12” cast iron pan. Add EVOO.
- Add salmon and sauté on medium low heat until cooked thoroughly, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes while stirring frequently. Reserve mixture at room temperature until it cools.
- When salmon has cooled, flake with a fork into bite sized pieces and reserve at 150-200*F in warming oven.
- Using the same pan, saute rice about 3-5 minutes. Add about 1/4 of the wine and vegetable broth. Bring to a low simmer and when that liquid has been absorbed, add more and keep adding the liquid until it is all absorbed absorbed. Cook for about 20-30 minutes stirring constantly.
- When adding the last of the liquid, add the salmon and garlic mixture, Parmesan cheese, zest and basil. Stir in thoroughly and cook for about 5-8 minutes more or until rice is done as you like it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
The local's guide to Oakland
The local's guide to Oakland.
Celebrate Canada Day with snacks.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.